We are mighty men who are God-fearing, and are examples of Christ in the family, the church and in the society. Our mission is:
- To Raise an Army of God in our generation
- To Train men to take their place in Ministry
- To Bring up our families in the fear and ways of God and be Christ’s example in the society
- To raise men who have the passion to serve God and humanity.
As men in our homes, our communities and at DCIU, our objectives are to DEVELOP – train men to take initiative in leading and become positive influencers; PROTECT – to keep safe from harm or injury; MENTOR – older men to advise or train young men; SERVE – to perform duties or service for others and for the DCIU family.
1. ROPS: The Rites of Passage is held every year as a safe, Christ-centered space to mentor boys who have completed Class 8 as they venture into a new season.
2. Man Enough: This is an 8 week challenge for adult men, ran in conjunction with Transform Nations. It “empowers men to understand real masculinity, find a safe space for authentic, raw and manly conversations, connect with other men, embrace purpose & significance and, face personal challenges to become better men”.
3. Men’s prayers every Saturday morning from 7-9 a.m.
The Men’s Ministry is organized according to small groups called the Houses of Prophets.
These houses meet on a monthly basis to share and pray together as well as organize to carry out activities in line with our objectives.